Monday, March 31, 2014

Workout | Makeup


Going to the gym in Dallas is almost like going out. Excluding overpriced cocktails and valet, unless of course you go to Equinox.

But think about it...how many hot guys do you see at the gym? Now how many hotties do you see when you go out on a Friday night? The gym is a great place to find a man. 

Now I know us ladies feel the need to always look our best. So how do we do it at the gym without looking like a hot sweaty mess?

No one wants to go to the gym in full force drag, or without any makeup at all unless you look like (Beyoncé). So I've broken it down to what is some of the best sweat proof makeup while still looking like a natural babe at the gym.


BROWS
Having brows on will help the face look put together without having to wear a full face. Most people don't notice filled in brows if done right. Stila has a stay all day waterproof brow pen that is fantastic. That way you won't sweat off them brows. {here}

EYES
I'm not a fan of eye shadow at the gym. It's too much and says "I'm desperate". I do think a little top liner goes far (not a full forced cat eye just basic top liner). I recommend using a waterproof one my picks Stila stay all day liquid eye liner {here} or Laura Mericer cream eye liner {here}

Mascara is a must for me at least. It makes the eyes look more awake and bright. My picks Trish McEvoy lash curling this mascara won't give you raccoon eyes and it's water resistant {here} also Maybelline Volum'Express the Rocket waterproof mascara {here}

FACE
A heavy foundation can clog the pores especially during zumba. I use a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. They are lightweight and still give the look of flawless skin without being cakey. My faves are Garnier BB cream {here}, Nars tinted moisturizer {here}, and Stila tinted moisturizer. {here} Remember less is more ladies. You don't need to use a brush to apply these try your fingers instead. BB creams are also oil controlling which is another reason why its one of my go to picks for the gym.

CHEEKS 
I personally don't wear blush or bronzer to the gym, although it's difficult for some of y'all not to. Trust me I've seen you at 24/Hr (girl with the bronzer streaks). So if you must wear one my bronzer my choice is the one and only Tarte amazonian clay matte waterproof bronzer in Park Ave Princess {here} I got the bronzer in a sample trail from Ulta and fell in love with it. It's also my favorite bronzer to contour with.

Now with blush I suggest a liquid one like Nars Orgasm illuminator {here} it has a natural looking flush and is a universal color that looks great on every skin tone.


Hopefully this helps guide you girls for when getting ready for the gym. If you have any questions please comment below and let me know!


I thought I would also share what I carry in my gym bag. I think it's important to have essentials with you when you go to the gym. Let's be honest there is nothing glamorous about the gym, but we can make ourselves feel a bit more with a help from a few items.


1.) WATER. It's so important to stay hydrated when working out. I recommend bring your very own bottle. It's refillable and helps save our plant rather than plastic water bottles. Mines from TJ Maxx you can find them anywhere or {here & here}

2.) 1.M.R. (one more rep) This is a pre workout powder that I use before I go to the gym. It's a fruit punch flavor and works wonders. I only try to use a half of a scoop since a whole scoop makes me too hyphy. Basically it helps me stay focused at the gym and gives me a ton of energy FAST. I usually drink it on the way to the so that by the time I get there it kicks in. You can grab it at your local GNC or {here}

3.) Headbands and scrunchies you can't go wrong. I prefer cute ones ovbi since I prefer being cute at them gym. The Aztect one is awesome I love that it doesn't slip or give me a headache got it from FitChickHeadbands.com and they come in tons of fun designs {here}

4.) Facial wipes are a must! I prefer the Neutrogena ones I typically pick them up at Walgreens but you can get them online {here} I always buy the original ones in the baby blue packaging!

5.) Evian Mineral water spray this product is nice to have anytime anywhere. It's the easiest way to freshen up and cool your face off after a kick ass workout {here}

6.) Garnier BB cream is my holy grail love this stuff i use light/medium obsessed {here}

7.) Ormedic blanching lip enhancement complex.  Not sure I've told y'all about this product yet, but I own three or four of these tubes and can't get enough. By far the most hydrating, repairing lip balm I've ever used. This stuff knocks all the other drug store balms out the water. I use this especially at night before I go to bed. It's not sticky and feels like butter. Defiantly a 5 star product in my books {here}

8.) I know you're jealous of my vintage Conair baby brush. Had this gem since middle school and it always comes in handy. {here}

9.) Donna Karan Cashmere Mist deodorant. Bomb. Favorite deodorant ever. I don't even care that it's almost $20 it does the job and smells amazing {here}

10.) Hand sanitizer because after touching all those germ infested dumbbells and treadmills your hands need the favor. I pick them up at the dollar store because you can't beat a one dolla holla $$$

11.) iPod if you don't have music while you workout then you're just weird. Yeah I said it.


Of course I have red lips on my gym bag. Blame it on my makeup roots. The Forever 21 lips tote is sold out, but I found some other really cute ones {here} {here} and {here}

XXOO

4 comments:

  1. Lovvvve this post. I need to get my ass to the gym. Also noticed I'm on your blogs you adore list...HOLLA ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course you're on the blogs I adore!!

      Delete
  2. Your so talented.. very well said.

    ReplyDelete