Friday, July 4, 2014

B E E T L E




My love and creepy obsession for Beetles started at a young age. Back then we lived in the country (Greenville Texas). But the house I grew up in was surrounded by 50 acres. I mean we had it all. Horses, hay bails, a pond with it's very own tree house, and lots of wilderness to explore. With all the land came a huge amount of wildlife including bugs. I never was scared to pick up insects and play with them. This place was Heaven for a like Tom girl like myself. (believe it or not) I may be into really 'girly-girl' things, but I have a nerdy outdoorsy side to me. Beetles are rad because they can fly, they are pretty to look at, and have really cool meanings behind them.


What do beetles represent?

-Transformation/Rebirth

-Creativity

-Strength 

-Travel

-Uniqueness

-Progress

-Solitary 


I found a few site that were very helpful for me when I was researching beetle meanings. I got the below ones from: 

The symbolic meaning of beetles also offers protection.  Their own hard shells do more than just convey glimmery beauty.  They protect.   And so, the beetle (in countless cultures, particularly Asian) is considered a symbol of protection 

“Get to the root of your desire”

“Be practical in your expectations of progress”

“Find stability in simplicity”

“Anchor yourself in honest, true, natural ways”


I feel that each of these meaning apply to me in the best way possible. Making it an even more special piece of art on my body. I love how something so small can be so powerful. 

So I searched the web some more and I found this description to be very insightful.  

Beetles:
Beetles aid in transformation, metamorphosis, resurrection and rebirth - rebirth of the soul to a new spiritual ideal and renewed devotion. This animal teaches harmony in the coming changes by utilizing your intuitive abilities and teaches discernment where you need it the most. Beetles have a protective quality that will aid in the ability to socialize and communicate effectively by illuminating problems and situations in the correct perspective. Are you eating correctly? Now is the time to examine eating habits. Can you identify which stage of development are you in egg/larva/pupa/adult?. Is it time to fly or walk in life? Beetle will teach persistence with charm, trust in the process, proper movement and actions which allows the regeneration of your spirit to prosper.

VIA:
www.starstuffs.com

It's not wonder why I deiced to ink my body with this magical little critter. I'm in love with it and how it turned out. Shoutout to Casey from Anchor Ink Tattoo for giving me the prettiest beetle I ever did see. Also to my bestie Tina for being there with me through the couple hours of pain. You da bestest girlfriend!!!

Heres a few photos during and right after.




Since these were taken right after my skin was swollen and bloody. I don't think I could of picked a more perfect location for my little love bug. 



No comments:

Post a Comment