Monday, August 8, 2016

Curly Hair Routine Update

I've been recently told that I have 'Kid curls', 'bouncy curls', 'spiral curls', and tbh it makes me feel pretty damn good. I get more attention on my hair than I ever have in my entire life since my hair journey started. Taking care of my hair has given me more patience and more self love than I could ever thought.


Before my hair was dry and extremely damaged. From the earlier stages my hair was kinda stringy and had zero bounce. The struggle and a million protective top knots, and lots of miserable 'bad hair days' here I am. With a much stronger and healthier curls pattern. It took a long time coming, but was definitely worth the tears to get to this level of curl. 



I want to go over what I use on daily basis for my hair. Since I've been getting this asked a lot lately. This is will be helpful for you girls are out there like I was and had no clue what the hell to do with your hair. 


SHAMPOO: $26
Ouidad Nourising Cleansing Oil
This is my favorite shampoo ever I will also sometimes use the Dry Bar 'Blonde Ale' it's a purple shampoo to help tone and brighten my blonde 

Wash my hair 1-2 times a week and I usually mix the two shampoos together.

Conditioner $20
Ouidad Color Preserving Conditioner
I make sure to ring out or even towl dry my hair a little before applying it to my hair 

Oil: $42
Kevin Murphy Young Again
This is moisturizing and also a heat protectant its the first thing I finger comb through my hair fresh out the shower

Spray: $6.99
Dippity Do Girls With Curls, Curl-boost spray
The seconded thing I do after my oil I just spray it throughout my hair


This next step I switch out weekly and do one then the other for some reason I feel like my hair gets used to the same thing so thats why I like to swap them out weekly 

Creme: $20

Cream: $6.99
Deputy Do Girls With Curls, Defining Cream

I apply these two products the same. I start in sections and really go to town and scrunch the hell out of my hair to help enhance the curl. I let air dry for a few minutes then I wrap it up in a tee shirt and let it sit for 45 mins to an hour. Take it down then diffuse dry it with my Curly Co Diffuser

Mask: $44
Curl Recovery Melt Down Extreme Repair Mask
My fave mask to use at least once a week. I apply this to dry hair and rat comb it out leave it overnight. 



Hope this was helpful to anyone out there !

XXOO



SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment: